Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's not exactly Thursday, but...

I'm two days late with my Thursday excerpt this week, but better late than never.

This week I'm featuring an excerpt and reviews from my award winning Civil War romance, Confederate Rose.

Excerpt:

Her pale cheeks turned a becoming shade of pink. She lifted one white, bare arm from the quilt to gesture at the clothing drying by the fire. "Now didn't you tell me to hang yer things out to dry?"

Alex grimaced. He had told her to do that. But he hadn't expected her to go through his pack. "So I did," he admitted.

She slipped her arm back into the quilt and lifted her chin. "'Tis an apology I should be expecting, Mr. Hart."

"Apology? You were going through my things."

"Because you ordered me to see to yer wet clothes."

Alex didn't think he'd win this argument. "Very well, ma'am. I apologize if I've offended your fine sensibilities in any way."

She straightened and hugged the quilt, eyeing him regally. "I accept yer apology, Mr. Hart."

"Well then." He hesitated and dropped his gaze. Her wide eyes drove his thoughts to ideas best left alone. That and the knowledge of what little she wore under the quilt. He cleared his throat. "I suggest we bed down for the night."

"Not until you get yerself out of those wet clothes."

His brows shot up. "I beg your pardon?"

"Ye'll surely not be sleeping in those wet things. 'Tis by the fire ye'll be needing to hang them."

His gaze settled on the clothes draped over the two chairs. Steam rose from them. "But those clothes aren't dry yet."

"Ye'll not be needing clothes to sleep." She grinned mischievously. "We've plenty of blankets."

Read opening chapters
Reviews and contest wins

Praise for Confederate Rose!

1st place historical category of First Coast Romance Writers 2010 Beacon Contest for Published Authors!

2nd place historical category of 2010 New England Reader's Choice Bean Pot Award!

"Need to Read" at You Gotta Read Reviews!!

"The writing flowed smoothly. I liked the way the romance developed between Katie and Alex. The conflicting emotions they each face make this an engaging story. If you like a romance wrapped in the conflicts of the Civil War you will definitely enjoy this book!"

4 ribbons at Blue Ribbon Reviews at Romance Junkies!

"CONFEDERATE ROSE is a magnificent work of fiction...Blended with a well developed romance, this historical is one that will grab hold of your heart and tear at your emotions. I highly recommend this charming historical and it will allow you to revisit the past while you stay in the present."

Links to read full reviews

To purchase Confederate Rose
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/confederate-rose-p-3672.html?zenid=674298e057bc659fa6b95937291848f0

No comments: