Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Starting Something New

I've finally found the time to get started on the outline for my sci-fi romance. For now, I'm using the title Moons of Cynara.

The love story is between two members of Earth military who are sent to the planet to prevent a war between Earth colonists and hostile aliens.

Although it's a lot of work--I have to create an entire world--I'm having fun working on a brand new project. My other stories are all either going through revisions or edits, and I'm waiting for responses from a few publishers.

So, I'm going to spend as much time in my new world as I can and see where my imagination takes me.

3 comments:

Cynthia Owens said...

Hi Susan,

Isn't it fun starting a new project? I'm in much the same situation as you are -- one book under consideration with my editor, another in the revision stages. So I've started researching a series of novels set in post-Civil War New York City, in which each of the heroes is a veteran of the Irish Brigade.

Just can't resist those Irish heroes!

Cynthia

Susan Macatee said...

Love that Irish Brigade!

Can't wait to read that one.

Cynthia Owens said...

I've starting plotting a few scenes, but I want to finish editing the second sequel to In Sunshine or in Shadow first.

But I promise I'll do my best to make Shane MacDermott will be a hero to sigh for!