Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Have official release date for Sweet Redemption


Although I was hoping to get a date before Halloween, I did get one close after. My short vampire story, Sweet Redemption, will be available as an ebook on November 11, 2009.


Sweet Redemption

Vampire romance

Coming November 11, 2009 to The Wild Rose Press


On a cold December night, Union infantry captain, Jonathan Hackett is pinned down on the Fredericksburg battlefield trying to escape Confederate fire. But a creature of the night, more dangerous than any enemy soldier, stalks him. Jon must fight for his life as well as his soul. Maddie Emery has lost everything dear to her. Her husband and parents had passed on and her brothers are off fighting in the Confederate Army. She’s alone, trying single-handedly to hold onto her family’s farm, when a Yankee soldier collapses across her stoop. Maddie and Jon form and bond of love and desire, but as Jon exhibits signs of becoming the creature he fears most, is their love enough to fight off the evil of a centuries old vampire bent on destroying them?


Excerpt:


Those knocks were not made by a wolf, but he suspected the wolf had something to do with Reverend Arnwolf. "Is the wolf his minion, or can he transform himself?" he said, under his breath.


"What?" Mrs. Emery moved close. Her scent invaded his thoughts. "Please, tell me what's going on?"


Jon sighed. "When I said I was attacked by a wild dog, I lied." He moved back to the settee and sat, his hands dangling between his knees.


She sat beside him, but held herself ramrod straight. "What or who attacked you?"


"I was pinned down on the battlefield. Spent the night in the freezing cold. All of my men had died. A man appeared. Claimed to be a minister from Austria." Jon grimaced as he recalled Arnwolf's blood-red eyes and the sharp pierce of his fangs as they entered Jon’s throat. "He offered to help me, but...instead he led me to an abandoned barn and attacked me.”


Mrs. Emery gasped. "You're not saying this man--"


"He bit me on the throat." Jon pushed his hand through his hair. "I don’t know exactly what he is, but he's not human."


"That's who you believe was at the door?"


Jon nodded. "I don’t know how, but I now have a connection to him." He fingered the bumps on his throat. "I know things about him I shouldn't possibly know."


For more on Sweet Redemption, visit my website: www.susanmacatee.com/News.html

2 comments:

Catherine Bybee said...

Congrats on your release date, Susan. I loved your excerpt.

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Catherine! Glad you liked it!