Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ready to take on new writing goal!

It's nearly the end of May and for the second year in a row, I'm ready to start a summer book challenge. The goal is to write the first draft of a brand new novel.

Last summer I completed the first draft of Cassidy's War, the historical romance manuscript I just resubmitted to my editor after finishing up a revision request. This summer, I want to write my first science fiction romance. I've tentatively titled it, A Pirate's Honor.

I was plotting out this book off and on while working on other projects and while I have the beginning and end all plotted out I'm kind of stuck in the middle. But I have enough plotted out to get a good start, so the plan is to start writing and plot the middle out as I move along.

The challenge starts on June 1st, so for this upcoming week I'm going to try to complete the first draft of a short story. Then starting in June, my book will be top priority, unless I get a new contract of course. But that's completely up to my editor.

No comments: