Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part

As a freelance writer, my life is full of waiting. I wait for editors and agents to get back to me on submissions. I wait for the results from contests I've entered and for that ever elusive royalty check.

It doesn't help that my day job--typing manuscripts for other writers--involves waiting for payment to come in after a job is completed.

My strategy is to continue working on other projects and keep the things I'm waiting for in the back of my mind, but they always seem to surface and interrupt my creative flow.

How do all of you deal with the endless waiting?

1 comment:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

I try to stay busy. That sounds cliche, but it's the only thing that works for me.

But it's so hard not to think about what it is that you're staying busy to keep from thinking about....*G*