I want to start the new year off right by announcing my writing goals for 2008.
I ended 2007 on a happy note by selling my vampire romance short story, Eternity Waits, to The Wild Rose Press. It's been quite a while since I've sold anything, so I hope to continue my good fortune into the new year.
1) My biggest goal of 2008 is to write more.
I've joined HHRW's Historical Hearts Writing Challenge loop and plan to set both weekly and monthly writing goals and try my best to accomplish them.
2) Make more time to read both in and outside of my chosen genre.
3) Mail out partials to my first choice publishers for my new Civil War romance.
4) Do some cutting on my time travel romance and try to find a publisher willing to look at it.
5) Step up my promotion efforts in advance of my short story's release by The Wild Rose Press.
6) Enter my Civil War romance in as many contests as I can afford.
7) Complete the outline for my sci-fi romance and finish the first draft by the end of 2008.
So, those are my goals for the new year.
Next, I'll post my goals for January.