Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things Are Finally Slowing Down

Wow! I finally have time to think of something beside my work. After juggling several clients for months in my home business, I actually have no work in at all.

I'm also in wait mode on several of my writing projects. Erin's Rebel is finished! Just waiting on the galleys. All I have left to do when they come in is proofread for mistakes.

And a few of my other projects I've been switching between are also in wait mode now.

I've decided to use all this free time to finally start writing the first draft of my new vampire story, Sweet Redemption. This one will be longer then Eternity Waits, but still a short story. Like Eternity Waits, it takes place during the Civil War. An ex-Catholic priest turned Union infantry captain is attacked by a vampire. He must save his soul from the vampire, as well as a beautiful Southern widow, who takes him in when he collapses across her back stoop. I'm having fun writing the new scenes. I'm trying to get myself out of edit mode though, to keep the words flowing. I've outlined the entire story scene by scene and am following it as I write the first draft.

If things go on as they are, I'll have no trouble completing the first draft by the end of the month.

No comments: