Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Promo Mania

I'm only two days away from my second book release from The Wild Rose Press. Erin's Rebel has been out less than two weeks and my short story in Northern Roses and Southern Belles, debuts on Friday.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the necessary promo and still make headway on my newer projects.

What I've had to do is compartmentalize my day. I try to fit in any necessary morning promo between my workout, errands and household tasks. After my lunch break, I reserve at least one hour for the first draft of my newest WIP. My daily goal is at least 1000 new words, and at least 5000 per week.

I'm also polishing up the opening chapters of my sci-fi WIP in the revision stage to enter in two separate contests. The deadlines are late August and early September, so I can't allow this to lapse.

And since I'll have two new releases out so close together, I've decided to promo each on alternate weeks. I've already gotten promo in for Erin's Rebel and now I'll concentrate on the anthology for the coming week. I'm so new at this book promo stuff as I only have one short story that was released over a year ago.

For all you promotion pro's out there who've had books out or have dealt with mutliple releases, I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. And my money flow is tight right now, so I'm looking for lost cost or free promo suggestions.

Thanks!

3 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Susan,
I read about Erin's Rebel on Laura Hogg's blog. I wish you all the best with your TT release and can't wait to check it out.
Take care!

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, L.A.! I'm thrilled to have something new out and this is my very first romance novel!

Also check out my story in Northern Roses and Southern Belles. It's a different type of time travel.

Anonymous said...

After going through this artical i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.


-------

___________________
christena
We do your Marketing for best sales