Well, I did it! I wrote the last few pages of my new first draft today. This was my summer book project and I just came in under the wire. Now, I can put it aside for a little while and take a breather.
I'm pleased that my scene-by-scene outline kept me on track throughout many distractions and made it that much easier to know where my story was going and when it would be finished.
I also finished up with a galley I had to proofread just in a nick of time, so I'm good.
After a few days of relaxation, I'll be ready to finish the first draft of my short contemporary story. And from there, onward and upward.