Thursday, September 03, 2009

Why is it so hard to write 'THE END'?

I'm nearing the end of the first draft of my post Civil War romance novel that I'm calling, Cassidy's War. This was my summer book project for this year and I wanted to get the first draft done by Labor Day.

Well, I've already made my projected word count, the Black Moment is over, the resolution for both the outer and romantic conflict are complete. All I have left to write is the HEA (happily ever after) in romance writers' jargon.

So, why am I suddenly slowing up? The finish line is right ahead of me. All I need is a few paragraphs to wrap everything up.

I can't figure this out. Writers complain about getting stuck in the middle or fizzling out right after the opening of a story, but my main sticking point seems to be writing "The End".

Anyone else out there have a similar problem?

No comments: