Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Excerpt from Civil War romance anthology story

Leave a comment on this post or any other this week and you'll be entered in the drawing for the box of romance books. Scroll down for details.

TwoLips Reviews gave the anthology Northern Roses and Southern Belles 41/2 lips!

About my story, Angel of My Dreams, "Ms. Macatee's tale was a bittersweet morsel of a dream and a hope that Kyle and Josie will find on another in time. Angel of My Dreams stole my heart and Ms. Macatee made this story all the more real by using her knowledge of history and creating characters with deep emotions that break your heart."

When Civil War reenactor, Kyle Dalton, keeps seeing a beautiful woman on the battlefield tending to soldiers, he thinks she's another reenactor. But when she disappears into thin air, he starts to believe he's seen a ghost. Did he have a past life with this woman?

Excerpt:

A chill ran down Kyle's spine. Josie, that's the name Derek said he'd been calling out last night. "What reenactment group you with?"

She bit her lip. "I'm afraid I don't understand your question, sir."

"You're not with a group? How about one of the civilian groups?"

"Oh, no. I'm here on my own. I want to help in whatever way I can."

Kyle decided to take a different track. "Do you live near Philadelphia?"

"I live in the city, on Chestnut Street."

He glanced at her ring finger. Empty. "Most ladies in my group come with their husbands or boyfriends."

"No. As I said, I'm here on my own."

"Well, can I walk you back to camp? Or are you staying off-site?"

She frowned again. "I stay with the other nurses."

"Great. Lead on, and I'll walk you back."

She smiled, and he reached for her arm. His hand closed on air. "What the hell?"

She gazed at him. "I can't stay."

She dissolved before his eyes.

Angel of My Dreams, part of Civil War romance anthology, Northern Roses and Southern Belles, available now from The Wild Rose Press.

To purchase http://www.thewildrosepress.com/northern-roses-and-southern-belles-p-3578.html?zenid=3943ba6b984b80b8d69470519c93ba99

Scroll down to see the list of books I'm giving away. Leave a comment to enter the drawing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh!

Tessy

Melinda said...

Susan,

I have read several of your books and they are wonderful.

Hope to win some books of yours

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Melinda!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Goosebumps here. Great excerpt!

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Karen!

Missy Roth said...

This one's going on my Christmas list! I'm glad I buy my own presents sometimes. :)

catslady said...

Oh, I want to read more!

catslady5(at)aol.com

Judy said...

This was very interesting. I really enjoyed it.