Friday, April 16, 2010

Confusing week for me

I thought I had my path clearly spelled out. My plan was to plot out my latest romance novel, a science fiction romance, and have it all finished, so I could start writing in June as part of a summer book challenge.

But now, I've got a rejection for my latest historical, with a request to revise and resubmit. I know if I follow my editor's suggestions, she'll likely contract this manuscript, while I have no idea yet who I'll submit the sci-fi to whenever I manage to get that one finished.

So, I'm doing the turnabout once again. The historical romance goes to the top of my to-do pile, while the sci-fi gets put on the back burner again.

Although I do like to switch back and forth with multiple projects, it's hard to stay focused on two major projects. So, my plan now is to complete the revision on the historical, resubmit, then resume plotting. I have the opening chapters of the new book plotted out anyway, so can at least start writing in June, plotting further along as I go.

So, that's my plan for now, unless something else crops up.

The life of a freelance writer, I guess.

No comments: