Sunday, March 28, 2010

Confederate Rose takes 2nd place!!

I am so thrilled that my Civil War romance, Confederate Rose, has taken 2nd place in the historical category of the 2010 New England Reader's Choice Bean Pot Contest.

This story is not your typical Civil War romance, since the heroine, Katie Rose O'Reilly, is a soldier in the Confederate army. Her story is loosely based on real women who fought for both North and South at the time of the Civil War. A time when women weren't considered capable of serving the army in any fashion.

Since Civil War romance isn't a popular choice for editors with the big NY publishers, I was gratified that my editor, Allison Byers, and publisher, The Wild Rose Press, would even consider publishing this story and even more gratified that readers love it! But without TWRP, Katie's story wouldn't be available for readers to find at all.


2 comments:

Clarissa Southwick said...

Congratulations on the big win and kudos to TWP for publishing American stories. I love Civil War stories.

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Gail! Civil War romance is my passion. I'm really gratified that I not only got this story published, but now it's won a prize!