Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Back to work on my time travel novella

I just polished up a new short story and sent it off on Monday. Now, I've got three submissions out at once. Yay! Haven't had that many out for a long while.

Now, I'm back to the time travel novella I had to stop work on a while back to finish up my novel. I had to go back and finish up the plot outline, but now it's done. Today I moved around the opening scenes and  wrote an additional 1131 words. I want to keep moving forward until I finish the first draft.

This novella is an offshoot of my Civil War time travel romance, Erin's Rebel. But the novella takes place 20 years after the war. The hero and heroine of Erin's Rebel are the parents of the novella's heroine, the hero is from our time.

It's fun to work on a piece taken from an existing story. My latest novel is too. Characters and situations already exist from the original story, so it's sort of like moving forward through time and seeing the characters grow.

No comments: