Monday, April 16, 2007

Stuck In the Mucky Middle

I was moving along great on my Civil War romance, Katie Rose, until I came to what I call the mucky middle.

All of a sudden I felt like I was moving too fast toward the first big love scene. Something just didn't feel right and I had to stop.

I reread the manuscript from the beginning and realized what was wrong. I didn't include enough essential scenes to build up to that point. Part of the story was missing.

So, I went back to the drawing board, my outline, to see where I needed to insert scenes as well as different points of view.

After doing that, I went through the manuscript and wrote the scenes. Now, I just have to type them into the file.

Now, hopefully, I should have no more trouble writing the rest of the story.

No comments: