Thursday, April 26, 2007

Trying To Keep Up My Momentum

I'm writing the first draft of my Civil War romance, Katie Rose and feel like I'm on a roll.

I did get stuck at one point, but fixed the problem by working in a few extra scenes and viewpoint characters.

Now, life intervenes to halt my momentum. I've been idle in my day job, typing manuscripts and other documents for writers. My regular clients send me things in spurts and I haven't had any regular work for awhile. More time to work on my own projects.

But now, the work is coming in and, frankly, I need some extra cash. I don't want to lose momentum on this new book, though.

So, what do I do?

I split my time between working on their projects and mine.

So far, it's working out, although I have fallen down on my blogging.

Oh well, something's got to give. Hopefully, things will get back to their regular pace soon, and I'll have some extra cash to spend on writing expenses.

No comments: