Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ever have one of those days ...

It's dark, dreary, raining non-stop and besides laundry, housecleaning and other assorted things associated with my house, I planned to write today. But it's just so depressing. How can I feel inspired? Maybe it worked for Edgar Allen Poe, but not me.

My editor sent me a short list of things to check on my galley that the proofreader caught, so of course, I used that as an excuse to hold off on my writing session. We do need to get this galley finished up as soon as possible. LOL. It's important. But that only took a few minutes and now I have the whole afternoon spread out before me with nothing to do but write. But I just don't feel like it.

Although, the act of sitting my butt in my chair did help. So, after I made prints of my short story cover for promo purposes, checked email, checked the balance on my credit card, and took care of a little online promo, I finally did get to my WIP--my short Civil War Christmas story--and managed to write a whopping 503 new words, before I just couldn't stand looking at it anymore. Then I took a short break and went over the opening of my new vampire story. I had an editor request revisions before I resubmit. I revised the first 22 pages yesterday, but felt I had to go over them again, so re-revised those same pages. But openings are very important, so I feel kind of productive.

Just hoping for some sunshine tomorrow to inspire me.

1 comment:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Oh my gosh, I know how those days are. I have a tendency to write better on gray, overcast rainy days but it does seem whenever I clear my schedule to allow for a little writing time...the words won't come.

Hope things are looking better by now!