Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Excerpt, paranormal romance, Angel of My Dreams

This Thursday's excerpt is from my Civil War paranormal romance, Angel of My Dreams, from the Civil War anthology, Northern Roses and Southern Belles.

Excerpt:

A hand rested on his shoulder. He opened his eyes, expecting to see Monica.

The dark-haired woman gazed down at him.

"Kyle," she said. "I've been so worried."

He lifted his head and looked around. He wasn't in his bedroom, but in a large canvas tent.

"Where am I?"

"Shh." She placed a finger on his lips. The scent of lavender invaded his senses.

He frowned when he realized he was lying on a cot wearing his reenactor clothing. Had he dreamed he'd come home?

"The doctor says you'll be fine. He dug out the bullet and stitched up your leg."

"My leg?" Kyle reached down. His pant's leg had been cut apart at the seam. Heavy bandages wrapped around his thigh.

"This doesn't make any sense. I twisted my ankle. It's fine now."

She took his hand and stroked his forehead. Her touch sent warmth and desire through his body.

"I have to know..." He swallowed. "...your name."

She smiled. "You haven't forgotten me already?"

"I...you never told me."

"Of course I did."

She leaned away.

He held tightly to her hand, fearing she'd leave again.

"Don't go." Her hand dissolved. He couldn't hold her.

He woke in a sweat. The alarm blared. Six-thirty. He had to get ready for school.

As he hurriedly washed up and dressed, he tried to recall the dream about the woman from the reenactment, but only fleeting images remained.

As he waited for his coffee to brew, he racked his brain trying to remember, but it was gone. And so was she.

Praise for anthology, Northern Roses and Southern Belles!


4.25 hearts at Night Owl Romance!!

"With battles between Native Americans and Colonials, Northerners and Southerners, and Good and Bad there is a wealth of conflict to draw on. While the geographic breadth is vast, from sea to shining sea practically, and the backdrops varied, the conflicts are drawn from wartime.


"Knowing you or your lover may not live to see the next day tends to throw decorum out the window. These were all entertaining, informative stories that I enjoyed reading."


4.5 books at Long and Short Reviews!

"I think all of the authors did a great job on this anthology and so did the editors. I felt like I was involved in every story. I felt like I could smell the flowers and taste the crisp air. I felt the emotions the characters were feeling. This is a great anthology that any historical fan will love."

Find links to read full reviews at http://susanmacatee.com/Reviews.html.

Purchase anthology from The Wild Rose Press  http://www.thewildrosepress.com/northern-roses-and-southern-belles-p-3578.html?zenid=fcb44320c3d53f501412f35b363c9bf7

No comments: