Saturday, October 02, 2010

Switching projects again!

I've put my sci-fi romance aside for a bit and am now working on a time travel novella. I'm really excited by this story, because it's an offshoot of my time travel romance, Erin's Rebel. The heroine is Erin's step-daughter, Amanda, all grown up in the year 1885.

The hero is from the present time and I've decided to call this story Thoroughly Modern Amanda. Do you like the title? Sometimes just finding the right title for a new story sets my creative juices flowing.

Anyway, I'm still plotting the story out, but already know how it will end. I'm working on plot details right now as I go from scene to scene. But I have enough plotted out to begin writing, which I plan to do on Monday.

I also completed the first draft of a short romance story this week and am putting that aside for at least a couple of weeks before looking at it again.

Switching among several projects really energizes me, especially when I'm stuck!

2 comments:

Catherine Bybee said...

Sometimes you need to switch around to keep things fresh. Best of luck.

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Catherine! After spending an hour on a little more detailed plotting on the first scene today, I wrote the opening, 1020 words. And that was after a false start, where I included too much backstory. Even in the first draft, I end up editing. LOL.