Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fantastic News!!!

I just got another contract from The Wild Rose Press for my full-length Civil War time travel romance, Erin's Rebel.

I've been submitting and entering this story in contests for the past five years, went through a major revision starting at the plot level, and received another rejection for it last fall.

I am so thrilled that everyone will now have a chance to read Erin and Will's story.

Here's a short blurb to wet your appetite: Philadelphia newspaper reporter, Erin Branigan, is engaged to marry an up-and-coming lawyer, but dreams of a man from the past, a Civil War captain, change her plans and start her on a journey beyond time. After a car accident, Erin wakes to find herself living in the 1860s in a Confederate army camp. The man of her dreams is now a flesh and blood Rebel soldier who sets her soul aflame. Can she correct a mistake made long ago that caused his death and denied her the love she was meant to have? A love that lives beyond time?

I'll keep you all apprised as this project moves along.

4 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Congratulations, Susan!

I'm really looking forward to reading Erin's Rebel!

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Nic!

It's been a long time coming.

Clover Autrey said...

Love the cover. It is so completely different from my civil war T/T. Very nice.

Clover Autrey said...

Oh, yeah, you should have your character come over to the character bar and be interviewed by my civil war character. It's be fun. biffspondpub.blogspot.com