Thursday, February 28, 2008

What Happened with those February Goals?

Since it's nearly the end of the month, I thought I should go over my goals to see how I did.

This month has been crazy, I completed rewrites and edits on Eternity Waits--and just received the final galley--sold Erin's Rebel and have just started edits on that.

Had lots of excitement with cover art, too, and needed to fit in updates on my blog and website to reflect my great news.

Finally getting published brings on a lot of new work, but it's all worth it. But as a result, I didn't get much work completed on my original February goals.

The first goal was to complete that sci-fi outline. Well, I did complete a basic summary outline and made a start on the detailed outline, so I guess that's something. The main thing is, the outline will be there when I can get back to it. And it's always a help to have the basic plot and character motivations in front of you, rather than starting a story completely from scratch.

As for the revisions to Katie Rose, I haven't had the chance to do a complete read-through yet, but have revised a couple of chapters for my critique group. Once I finish the preliminary edits for Erin's Rebel--they're due on Monday--I'll get to work on that read-through and get started on revisions.

So, although I didn't meet my goals for this month, I've been able to get at least some work done on each project. I'll try to post my March goals before the first of the month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you had monthly goals, Susan! It's the end of February and I'm not sure I managed my January goals. I promise to at least create March goals and post them Monday. That'll give me something to work toward.

Susan Macatee said...

I always post monthly goals, Christine.

It gives me something concrete to worked toward and even if I don't accomplish all I wanted, I at least make some progress toward my ultimate goal.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

I'm always amazed when I stop back to see just how far you get on your goals, Susan. It really does inspire me!

I keep telling myself I need to make some, but right now my only goal--for March or otherwise-- is getting out from under the mountain of work I'm sitting on, LOL.

Susan Macatee said...

Yeah, Nic, that's a tough one.

I really have to schedule out my day, and now that I have contracted books and stories, it's harder to predict how much I'll be able to accomplish writing-wise in a month.