Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Been Neglecting the Blog

I've been neglecting my blog lately, but I had a good reason. I spent last weekend camping on a Amish farm in Lancaster County in Pennsylvania Dutch Country.


I had nothing to do but socialize and read, just for enjoyment. No computer, TV, mail or my three sons and their endless laundry. Just me, my husband and two great books.

The one I finished while there was Nicole McCaffrey's The Model Man, from The Wild Rose Press. I don't usually read contemporary romance, but Nic is a friend of mine and who can resist a romance between a romance writer and a male cover model? Yum.


And Nic didn't disappoint.


The other book I started is science fiction by Elizabeth Moon. It's called Marque and Reprisal. I read and loved the first book in this series. There was no romance in the first one, but I loved Moon's lead character, Kylara Vatta. She's such a strong female and captain of her own ship.


I'm not quite halfway through this one, but enjoying it immensely.


Beside the books, I had such a relaxing three days in the heart of Amish farmland with Amish children and young people constantly going past our campsite, and nothing to do but relax.


Ahh!


Now, I just have to get myself back in gear.


4 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

It sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time away. Good for you! :)

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Thanks for the nice words about The Model Man. I am resisting the overwhelming urge to pester you nonstop with questions like "did you like it? For real? What parts? what didn't you like?" LOL.

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Sarita!
I'm still working in a somewhat relaxed mode.
Don't know it that's good or bad.

And, Nic, I loved the entire book. If I had had more time to read, it wouldn't have taken me three weeks to get through.
And honestly, most contemporary romances bore me, but definitely not this one. LOL.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Thanks, LOL. That makes me feel better. I'll stop biting my nails now. *G*

And it does sound like you had a picture-perfect weekend!