Monday, June 30, 2008

My July Goals

It's getting more complicated. I have so many projects in the works, I've decided to concentrate on a few this month.

1) Revise my anthology story. This is the one I've titled Angel of My Dreams. It's a Civil War ghost story.

I finished the first draft mid-June and decided to take a break away from it before I start revisions. It shouldn't be too hard because I used an outline and it's a short story. So, I'm going to get the revisions finished by the end of the month.

2) Proofread Confederate Rose.
I actually started on this, but ended up doing more editing. I really want to get this story done and send out a query. I already have a synopsis written, since I'd been entering it in contests that required one.

So, I want to get the proofreading and query written by month's end.

3) Complete edits for Cassidy's War.
This is my young adult out-of-print book formerly called Under the Guns. I decided to re-title it before approaching another publisher. I'm about halfway through edits and am really getting caught up in the story. I haven't read it in a long time.


I want to get the book completely self-edited by month's end.

So, there are my writing goals for July.

3 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about the month you have planned, LOL.

As always, I can only shake my head in wonder at how much you accomplish each and every month!

Sarita Leone said...

I love the titles! All wonderfully interesting.

Good luck accomplishing your goals. I always do better when I've got a concrete list like this. :)

Susan Macatee said...

Thanks, Nicole and Sarita!
I think writing down the goals goes a long way to helping me actually accomplish them. Even if I don't, I've at least made some headway toward it.