Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My First Blog Entry

Although I belong to a group blog and have a blog on Amazon.com, this is the official start of a blog on my own website. I thought I'd start by talking about the influences that caused me to pursue writing as a career choice.
As a child, I loved to read. I don't think I was ever without a book. I considered the characters friends I loved to visit again and again.
My love of reading started the urge to want to write. In the third grade, I still recall the pride I felt at getting an A on my first composition. In high school, I took classes in journalism and creative writing and got an A++ on my very first short story.
This started my journey. Although I dabbled in writing in college, it wasn't until years later, when my youngest started Kindergarten, that I decided to pursue writing as a career.
I started with a correspondence course in writing fiction for children and young adults. This started me on the road that ultimately led me to Romance Writers of America.
Now, I have one published novel with more in the works. I'm currently focusing on historical romance set during the Civil War. My first nearly finished romance is also a time travel.
I look forward to sharing my thoughts, as well as my triumphs in the publishing business. I'll also share the bumps along the way.
Hope you enjoy and come along for the ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me three! My first book was also a time travel. I still love time travels even though I've broadened my horizens since then. Fish out of water stories always have great conflict.

Good luck, Susan!

Kristin-Marie said...

I truly enjoyed your first book! Thanks for sharing your writing journey online.

Anonymous said...

Great beginning, Susan. I look forward to many interesting posts from you.

NicoleMcCaffrey said...

Great blog, Susan! I was nodding my head in agreement in several places. I'll be sure to stop by often.