Monday, December 11, 2006

What I'm Reading

I recently finished Dawn Thompson's newest release The Falcon's Bride. I had become a fan of Dawn Thompson several years back when I took one of her writing technique workshops. At the time, her newest book, The Ravencliff Bride, hadn't yet been released.
As soon as it came out, I devoured that book, then her next release, The Waterlord.
After those two, I've been eagerly awaiting her next release, The Falcon's Bride, and I was not disappointed. This book was even better than her first two.
While her first two books were set in nineteenth century England, The Falcon's Bride is set in nineteenth century Ireland. Unlike the other two, this book is a time travel. The heroine travels through a corridor during the winter solstice that takes her to the seventh century, where she meets the hero.
The twist here is that after she meets and falls for the hero, the two of them travel again through the corridor to the heroine's time period. The hero's mother, who's part gypsy, knows how to travel back and forth at will, as well as the hero's pet falcon.
If you like time travels like I do, this book is excellent. The twists and turns of the plot make for a fantastic read, as well as an Irish hero to die for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A time travel within a time travel, sounds interesting. I haven't read any of her books, though not for lack of trying. I think I started The Ravencliff Bride twice, but never made it past chapter 1.

One of these days I'm going to win the lottery, quit my day job, and spend a week doing nothing but reading on some remote beach with a bar a mere hand wave away.